1.30.2015

Color Blocked Perfect Little Lunch Bag

Today I'm going to show you how to add a contrasting bottom to my Perfect Little Lunch Bag pattern. There's more than one way to do this.  I chose this method because I didn't want the fabric to get too bulky at the bottom.  There are already a lot of layers with the insulation, lining, and interfaced exterior.  This is really easy to do and is a cute variation on this already cute lunch bag.
From your contrasting fabric, cut 2 pieces that are 6 x 15 inches.
 Use the pattern piece to figure out how much of the main fabric you need to sew to the contrasting band to make the height tall enough.  You might notice that I have folded my pattern piece down at the top.  That's one thing I love about this pattern, the size is really flexible.  You can get different sizes by trimming the top off a little bit.
 With right sides together, sew the the contrast and main piece together along the long edge.  Press the seam allowance toward the contrast band and topstitch on the right side.
 Cut the bag shape using your pattern piece and continue with the rest of the instructions.
 Take a little extra time matching up the sides and you'll have a great looking lunch bag!
 Ready to try it out?  Get your pattern HERE.

1 comment: